fredag 9 oktober 2009

About being an alien

Yes, I do feel like an alien sometimes. Like when it takes me 20 minutes to figure out which bottle is fabric softener and which is liquid washing powder in the shop. Or when I thought one of the guys in the football team wanted to shake hands with me and present himself, as he came crouching towards me with one hand reached out in front of himself. But in fact, he was only showing in a very Japanese way that he wanted to get through to pick up his water bottle, without bothering anybody on the way. And there I was, with a stupid hand reached out in mid air. Or when I time after other step over the slippers in random doorways that I think belong to someone else and hear voices behind me saying “no, no, wait, stop”, and as I turn around I realise I’ve missed yet another pair of slippers I’m supposed to wear to the toilet, or wherever I’m heading to.

But it’s okey. At least I have the certificate now, being registered as an alien:

3 kommentarer:

  1. Haha ,vad roligt :P Härligt att få sig ett skratt så här efter en lång arbetsvecka!

    Gratulerar till ditt officiella alien-id :)

    SvaraRadera
  2. Ingo phone home? ;)

    SvaraRadera
  3. If it makes you feel any better I still feel like an alien in Sweden pretty much very day, but in a slightly different way. Miss you like hell every day tough!

    SvaraRadera