torsdag 11 mars 2010

And so the adventure begins

Friday was my last day at work. Six months have passed since I came to Japan. Feels like yesterday, but at the same time I've experienced and seen a lot along the way. However, I didn't feel satisfied so I decided to stay a little bit longer to have the chance to travel further away from Tokyo area.

At the moment I am in Kyoto, experiencing the cultural and historical Japan. It really is different here. It even smells different. At first when I came to Kyoto I said to myself it smells like I am out of the country (a smell Sara descirbed as a mix of pollution and deep-frying fat, "because they deep-fry a lot of food when you go overseas"). The pace here is different and I have never seen as many toursits as I have the last two days (maybe it's because I am a tourist myself). People are very friendly, not to say that they aren't friendly in Tokyo or Atsugi, but yesterday an old lady shared a bag of caramels with me as we were waiting fot green light at a crossing.

The pictures I've taken so far can be seen here and there are more to come as the adventure continues.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar